Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FreeSBC iso file does not support UEFI boot

Go down

FreeSBC iso file does not support UEFI boot Empty FreeSBC iso file does not support UEFI boot

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:45 am

Hello,

I downloaded FreeSBC iso file: “freesbc_centos7_x86_64_3.1.10.11.210_259833.iso” From the Telcobridges web page and I tried to create a bootable USB stick using Rufus software as it is explained in Telcobridge training documents. Since my server does not support the Legacy Boot option (which is a Dell server) I need to create my USB Stick with the UEFI boot option. But when I chose the MBR partition scheme for UEFI on Rufus, I receive an unsupported ISO error :
Could you please send me EFI bootable ISO file for freesbc?

FreeSBC iso file does not support UEFI boot 114

Thank you and best regards,

Back to top Go down

FreeSBC iso file does not support UEFI boot Empty Re: FreeSBC iso file does not support UEFI boot

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:46 am

Hello,

Unfortunately, our installation process with the USB key supports only the legacy boot option.
What type of Dell server is this?

Last edited by ahsanul.moyeen on Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

FreeSBC iso file does not support UEFI boot Empty Re: FreeSBC iso file does not support UEFI boot

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:47 am

Hello,

I got 2 couples of Dell OptiPlex 3080. There are no Advanced Boot Options in BIOS to chose Legacy Boot.
What would you suggest to me? Should I try a virtual machine?

Thanks,

Last edited by ahsanul.moyeen on Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:47 am

Hi,

I searched through the internet, and it seems Dell OptiPlex 3080 is supporting UEFI boot rather than the legacy boot. Perhaps, you should consider the VM platform for FreeSBC at the moment.

Best regards,

Back to top Go down