Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Resetting the IP interfaces

Go down

Resetting the IP interfaces Empty Resetting the IP interfaces

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 5:53 pm

All concerned,

Is there a way to reset the IP interfaces on a Conductor system?

It seems there is not a way to change what ‘Service’ is assigned to an IP interface after it has been configured such as “FIXED MANAGEMENT” for example.

I think I have seen one of the people in Support change the interface after it was configured.

I was looking through the Wiki and I was not able to find the answer to my question.

Does anyone know the answer?

Thanks,

Back to top Go down

Resetting the IP interfaces Empty Re: Resetting the IP interfaces

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 5:55 pm

Hi,

The main management interface can only be configured/modified from the console using the command: tbchangeip

See this link: SBC:Change_Management_IP_Address

All others can be configured from the web interface.

Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 6:03 pm

Hello,

Thank you for your response.

If an IP interface is configured for VOIP under the Virtual Port, but under Services is defined as “FIXED MANAGEMENT” then is there any way to change the Service to “RTP, SIP”?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 26, 2021 6:04 pm

Hello,

You need to reset the interfaces. Please go to Hosts -> Select the host -> Status -> Host Control -> Select “Change network devices role” from Action drop-down menu and apply.

This process will bring the initial installation screen to change port roles and it needs a maintenance period. All calls will drop and SBC will not accept any new call when you are setting the new roles for the network interfaces.

Best regards.

Back to top Go down