Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FreeSBC Trial - Poor Audio Quality - AWS

2 posters

Go down

FreeSBC Trial - Poor Audio Quality - AWS Empty FreeSBC Trial - Poor Audio Quality - AWS

Post by ggflow Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:06 am

Hi Team,

I've installed FreeSBC on AWS, I followed the instructions for the remote worker scenario. We have FreeSBC sitting in front of a multi-tenant Freeswitch PBX. I needed to tweak the NAT settings on my "OPEN_NAP" and "SIP_SERVER_NAP" in order to get audio flowing. I now have audio flowing both ways however on every call including checking voicemail the quality is always crackling whereas if I register my Yealink handset directly to Freeswitch the audio quality is perfect. (Codec is G711 for all calls). Any assistance with these settings would be great.

ggflow

Number of Messages : 5
Point : 9
Registration Date : 2022-03-08

Back to top Go down

FreeSBC Trial - Poor Audio Quality - AWS Empty Re: FreeSBC Trial - Poor Audio Quality - AWS

Post by ggflow Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:14 am

Just to add to this. I am using the m4.large and without any calls being processed the CPU is at almost 70% with tbrouter taking up 50% CPU. Is that normal?

The FreeSBC version is 3.1.117

ggflow

Back to top Go down

FreeSBC Trial - Poor Audio Quality - AWS Empty Re: FreeSBC Trial - Poor Audio Quality - AWS

Post by ggflow Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:19 am

I upgraded to a m4.xlarge and have the same issue. So it's not a CPU/Performance problem

ggflow

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 08, 2022 2:25 am

You can use tbrouter capture tool and analyze the RTP packets with wireshark to find what is the issue. Please check the following link for how to use tbrouter capture;

https://docs.telcobridges.com/mediawiki/index.php/VoIP_Ethernet_Capture_FreeSBC_A

Admin
Admin

Number of Messages : 508
Point : 1199
Registration Date : 2017-11-27

https://freesbc.yetkinforum.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ggflow Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:37 am

Spoke too soon it was actually a Freeswitch issue. Thanks for your prompt response, I will continue my testing.

ggflow

Back to top Go down