Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sub optimal nic.json config. Some reserved CPU cores may not be used.

2 posters

Go down

Sub optimal nic.json config. Some reserved CPU cores may not be used. Empty Sub optimal nic.json config. Some reserved CPU cores may not be used.

Post by phideauxx Thu Jun 08, 2023 4:39 pm

I recently added a new Network interface to my SBC in VMware to accommodate adding a new Internet service to the mix. Everything seems to be processing correctly, but when I click the top Status button, the SBC tab is orange and shows "Sub optimal config sbc list" and "Warning sbc list" as orange with my sbc1 listed. Hovering over the "Sub optimal config sbc list" shows the message in my title.

"Sub optimal nic.json config. Some reserved CPU cores may not be used."

It appears that the second one is likely related to to the first so fixing one will clear up both.

At this point I have now removed two older Network Interfaces as we will be disconnecting the associated Internet services soon. I was hoping this reconfiguration would fix the issue, but it remains. I can see the nic.json files using SSH, but I don't know how to configure them the right way.

Is there a way to reset this file using the Web interface or another solution someone can point me to?

Thanks,
J.J.

Last edited by phideauxx on Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

phideauxx

Number of Messages : 2
Point : 4
Registration Date : 2021-02-01

Back to top Go down

Sub optimal nic.json config. Some reserved CPU cores may not be used. Empty Re: Sub optimal nic.json config. Some reserved CPU cores may not be used.

Post by lmorissette Thu Jun 08, 2023 5:03 pm

Hello J.J. you may want to check this out:
https://docs.telcobridges.com/Toolpack:_How_to_Get_Rid_of_Sub_Optimal

lmorissette

Number of Messages : 43
Point : 85
Registration Date : 2017-11-27

phideauxx likes this post

Back to top Go down

Sub optimal nic.json config. Some reserved CPU cores may not be used. Empty Re: Sub optimal nic.json config. Some reserved CPU cores may not be used.

Post by phideauxx Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:51 am

lmorissette wrote:Hello J.J. you may want to check this out:
https://docs.telcobridges.com/Toolpack:_How_to_Get_Rid_of_Sub_Optimal

Thank you, those instructions did the trick.

phideauxx

Number of Messages : 2
Point : 4
Registration Date : 2021-02-01

Back to top Go down