Telcobridges - Session Border Controllers
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shutting ProSBC Server down safely

Go down

Shutting ProSBC Server down safely Empty Shutting ProSBC Server down safely

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:23 am

Hi Team,

Hope you're well. I have been looking in TB Wiki for the answer and cannot find one.

Is there a way for us to safely shut the ProSBC down where calls are not cut off? i.e if we need to put the ProSBC into a 'maintenance mode' where we do not want it to accept any more calls or respond to SIP Options (so other carriers think the SBC is offline) or if we wanted to turn the ProSBC off? I.e it waits till all the calls have been completed?

If I have missed something in the Wiki, please point me to it. Otherwise, could you explain how this can be achieved?

Kind Regards,

Back to top Go down

Shutting ProSBC Server down safely Empty Re: Shutting ProSBC Server down safely

Post by Guest Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:25 am

Hi,

There is no way at the moment to wait for all calls to be terminated, then issue a shutdown right after to shutdown ProSBC.

For working with ProSBC, you can do almost any settings change, add an interface, delete interface, …etc. while having ProSBC still accepting calls as normal. And if you are not sure whether the change is correct, you can always open up a new configuration by copying the existing one and modify on the new one. As long as you don’t activate the new configuration, no change will be made to the system (but you can still validate the new configuration first to see the change made is valid or not).

Back to top Go down